Easy Cranberry Chicken


1 medium yellow onion, sliced
16 oz. can of whole cranberries (can also substitute w/a 7 oz. jar of apricot or any preserves)
1 package of Lipton Onion Dip Mix
1/4 C French dressing
~1- 1 1/2 lbs? of Chicken thighs, skin removed

Heat 1 T olive oil in a pan and cook onions until browned and softened, add to slow cooker (if you don't have one, go ahead and put it in a 9x13 dish and preheat oven to 375).

Mix the fruit of your choice, dressing and dip mix and then add to the onions wherever they may be. If using a slow cooker, brown the chicken in a pan, add to the sauce making sure it's covered, then set the slow cooker on high for 3.5 hours. OR in the baking dish, cover with sauce and bake for 2 hours.

2 comments:

linda said...

Yum, this was delicious. It's a great recipe to use when cooking for a large group. Sus made it for our Friday fellowship group and everyone liked it.

Anna said...

This is the first recipe I have used from your blog! I just made it today. I remember it like it was yesterday...how much I couldn't stop eating it when you first made it. :) I made it for my family in our slow cooker(except for my mom - she was out of town), and they all really liked it! Kiana said it was "bomb", and you know how much weight that carries...;P