The Quest for the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

350/Ching's Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies vs. 375/Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 C brown sugar --- 1 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar --- 1 C sugar
1 C butter --- 1 C butter
1 egg --- 2 eggs
1 1/2 t vanilla --- 2 t vanilla

2 1/4 C flour --- 3 C flour
1 t baking soda --- 1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt --- 1/2 t salt

What is the measure of a good chocolate chip cookie? These are the factors I look for:
1. Crunchy outside
2. Moist, chewy, dense inside
3. Not too sweet

My darling guinea pigs I mean, my brothers and sisters in the Gallarda home, have voted and this is what the people have to say:

Cookie 350 Supporters
Amber: liked the flavor of this one
Adalis: usually likes sweeter desserts and prefers this one. I think maybe because it has a simple sweet taste.
Ben: these are the stamina cookies--taste good with milk, can eat them long term
Daniel committed 50% of his vote here
Joe (Dan's imaginary friend)

Cookie 375 Supporters
John: noticed the darkness first. It's true...it has a little more brown sugar and also white sugar browns when cooked...sorry about the walnut shells though. That's definitely a first!!!
Jen: pointed out that 350 spreads more because of the butter to flour ratio. Thought these tasted nuttier.
Karen
Ji Hyung
Angela
Peter
Ben (good for one bite, sweeter)
Sharon: didn't really see a big enough difference
Daniel's other 50%
Heidi

And Matt...I don't know where to put him. He liked the one on the right.

Personally, I liked the flavor of 375 but it was a tad bit too sweet for me. In terms of texture, I'm still figuring that one out. It's always different depending on the recipe and on how long it bakes and how big the cookies are.

And the winner? THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.

Although...now I'm wondering about the Toll House Recipe...that one is pretty good too...
ROUND 2!!!!!!

1 comment:

vicky said...

remind me to give you sister ghirina's mrs. field's!!! she serves for childrens...need i say more