Dad's Turkey Secret Hidden!


One Thanksgiving my dad made turkey and my two sisters and I ate it all. Then he made another one right after the first one and we ate that one all too. He asked us if we would mind having another one and we squealed with joy, except our grandfather begged to differ. Thanks, Dad for all the delicious dishes you always made and make!

This is one secret my dad won't allow out. Sorry, public! Below are my notes on making it. This was my first time making a turkey on my own since childhood. It came out moist and tasty, but next time I want to try brining!

Preheat oven to 325 degrees for at least 20-30 minutes.

Bake the turkey according to the directions. I baked it breast-side down to increase juiciness. After two hours, flip the turkey and brush sauce on and brush every 10-15 minutes after that until the turkey is done.

For my 12 pound turkey it took about 2.5-3 hours.

No comments: