The Great Adamo Dessert: Graham Crackers, PB & Milk

There is a whole history behind this deceivingly simple and tasty treat, but you'll have to ask one of the Adamo clan to fully explain. All I can offer is my personal experience.

It was a warm New Year's Eve night in Brian and Melody's home. We had just finished a wonderfully classic American dinner of pot roast, potatoes, carrots, salad, fruit salad, broccoli and chicken noodle soup. The boys were in the other room tinkering with their Macs while I watched with longing as Brian assembled his graham cracker sandwich.

Maybe it was lack of solid food from food poisoning recovery, but nothing in my life looked as delicious--smooth, creamy peanut butter and sweet, crumbly, crunchy graham cracker united, then dunked in cool milk. (It's been a dreadful one and half days.)

Now that my tummy is better, I am finally able to eat one myself! It reminds me of Girl Scouts' Peanut Butter Sandwiches (or Do-si-dos as they call it here). Nay. Correction: those pathetic Girls Scout cookies are not worthy to walk in the shadow of this superior treat!

I'm sure every Adamo has a preference, but I like to smooth the peanut butter (creamy, not crunchy) super thin across the surface of 2 squares of graham cracker and then press another 2 on top. I'm still not drinking dairy at this point so I dunked mine in a ginger tea. I'm sure it will taste much much better with milk, but I must be slow and patient with my tum tum even though it's killing me to wait. *Pats it affectionately*

No comments: