Lazy Man's Dumpling Soup

The secret to lazy cooking is to gather and prepare today so that you can be a bum tomorrow. Basically, I'm talking about having a well stocked pantry with random junk you can throw together.

For example, today I'm sick (yes, again. Bad, immune system! Bad!) and lazy but I can still have a good meal in under 10 minutes with minimal clean up because I have a bunch of stored up food. Granted, you must have fresh fruit and vegetables!!! (Which I stole from my roommates. Shhh...)

But most of this stuff for the soup you can buy and store in your home. You know, like a squirrel preparing for winter. Here's the soup that saved me tonight. No pictures because of course, I am sick and lazy.


2 packages of Japanese "Instant Soup, Mutenka Iri" (see above)
Tofu, cubed (optional especially if you've got dumplings)
2 T dried seaweed
1/3 C broccoli
1 tsp soy sauce
dumplings of choice

Boil 2 C water. Add the instant soup mix and boil dumplings until floating, then add the soy sauce and tofu and seaweed. Broccoli last. Add enough packages to taste or add more water.

No comments: