The Mind Set on the Spirit

The mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace.
Romans 8:6

"The mind desires to serve God; however my mind, representing my self, is too weak. Whenever I make up my mind to do good, there is something else stronger than my self, stronger than my mind. The independent mind, trying to do things under its own power, will be defeated."

There are two possibilities for the mind:
1. It may depend on the flesh, which will result in death OR
2. It may depend on the spirit, where there will be life and peace

"An independent mind will be defeated, but a mind dependent on the spirit, dependent on Him, will have victory! Whenever we are tempted to do good by our own effort, we need to tell the enemy...

'No, Satan! I cannot and will not go that way. I don't know anything about doing good; I know only one thing--to depend on my Lord. I will not be drawn away from leaning on Him.'

If we respond in this way, we will have the victory with life and peace. It is very simple."


The Economy of God

3 comments:

Ben Gallarda said...

Thanks for the reminder that we just need to turn to our spirit.

altoidsmint said...

<3

ster said...

=]