Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels with Cinnamon


One of the roommates mentioned this treat (was it Phoebe or Carolyn? Who knows? We always talk about food) and I thought…I like chocolate covered pretzels…and I like peanut butter filled pretzels…and I like chocolate and peanut butter… *rubs chin in deep consideration* And yes, Eureka! It is a wonderful combination!

As I was precariously dipping the pretzels in a coffee mug filled of chocolate in a pot of boiling water, Tiffany Wang watched from our kitchen table on the verge of shock that I would actually waste my time on this but I laughed on the inside, "oh my dear sister would flip if she knew how much time I really "wasted" eating, cooking and thinking about food." Harharhar!
Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels (without salt from TJ’s, but also F&E carries a good one, the inside is a little sweeter in the F&E version)
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Ground cinnamon (optional)
Prepare a sheet of wax paper on a jellyroll pan.

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. I used a small mug inside a little saucepan of boiling water. About ½ cup of chocolate chips will make about a 1/4 to 1/3 of the bag of pretzels…enough for maybe 1-3 people to snack on depending on how much chocolate you want on it—I like mine with a thin layer of chocolate.

When chocolate is melted, dip half of the pretzel (or using a dipping tool and submerge the whole thing). If it's too thick or when you pull out there is a chocolate tail, scrape the base with a butter knife. Lay on top of the sheet to cool. Sprinkle cinnamon on the chocolate part and stick in the fridge to cool all the way.

No comments: