Tar Heel Pie

“As I was perusing in a gourmet market here in good ole cackellackey, I came across this postcard and thought of you! (Can’t wait to taste it!) Anyway, even though we won’t be roommates this term, let’s try to still spend time together. I’ll be sure to stop by 2120. ☹ This will probably come after the training starts, but anyway, keep eating Christ—it’s the way!” Amen, my darling sister Phoebe Wang. Amen!

Definitely not the most attractive dessert in name nor appearance but really rich and tasty. Kind of like a fudgy brownie in a crust with pecans. I was really pleased with everything. Ahunna says it should be illegal. I’m sure she almost died.
1 C chocolate chips
1 stick butter, melted

1 C chopped pecans
1 tsp vanilla
½ C plain flour
½ C white sugar
½ C brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten

6 oz (it says 1 ½ C but I weighed it out) flour
½ stick unsalted butter, chilled
2-3 T water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.

Pour warm butter over chocolate chips and stir. Blend all remaining ingredients and stir into chocolate chip mixture. Pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake for 30-40 minutes.

Makes 1 9" pie

No comments: