Your favorite mug
One #2 Paper filter, unbleached is nice (unlike the one in the photo)
Plastic Coffee Cone Filter (Bought mine $2.99 with a mug at a grocery store. $1.50 at Daiso)
Fresh whole coffee beans
Measuring cup to measure out at least 6 oz of water
- Boil water (start with more than 8 oz.)
- Grind enough coffee to have approximately 2 T per 6 oz of water
- Pour hot water through the filter so that the paper filter is saturated and discard the water.
- Place the plastic cone on top of your mug and spoon 2 T of grounds inside cone filter
- Add some water, stir a little and watch it bloom! This means it's fresh coffee.
- Add more hot water and stir stir stir
- Wait until all the water has passed through. Then it's read to drink!
Makes 1 6oz cup of coffee