Creamy Tomato Cardamom Chicken


Super cardamom-y. But it's nice in a floral, spicy way. Like, Indian but not. I liked it a lot. I used a George Foreman grill, which I actually don't know how to use (haven't used it since like...2002?) But I think it could have been really moist if I watched the cooking time.
1 lb. chicken cut into pieces
1/2 can condensed tomato soup (OR 6 oz. tomato paste+2 Tbsp sugar+1/2 tsp salt)
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp ginger, microplaned or 3 Tbsp ginger juice
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 Tbsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice

1/2 C buttermilk
In a 8x8 pyrex pan combine the tomato, garlic powder, ginger juice, cardamom, curry powder, salt, brown sugar and lemon juice. Mix well. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4-5 hours.

The next day, mix in the buttermilk, then grill the chicken until cooked through. No need to reserve the marinade since it will be flavorful enough...But check after it's been grilled. If you want more sauce, you can heat it up on the stove in a sauce pan, but I didn't think it was necessary since I probably put too much salt and ginger in it.

Serves 3-4

No comments: