4 C vegetable stockHeat stock and add soy sauce, white pepper, sesame oil. Add cornstarch mixture and raise heat until soup begins to slightly boil.
2 eggs, beaten lightly
2 green onions, chopped
1 tsp soy sauce
¼ tsp white pepper
½ tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp water
optional: ½ C canned/fresh corn
Remove from heat and slowly drizzle the beaten egg over the top of the hot soup with one hand while gently stirring with the other. The egg will cook when it comes into contact with the soup. Add the green onions and heat a little more back on the stove.
Serves 5-6
5 comments:
Hello!
I found this recipe through a google search for Vegetarian Egg Drop Soup, and I can't wait to try it! Just to clarify: do I use the lighter-colored sesame oil or darker toasted sesame oil?
Thanks!
Hi! Either one, we used to the lighter colored one. :) Let me know how it went!
Made it tonight- it was awesome! Thanks so much!
One more question, though, when am I supposed to add the scallions?
Oh ho ho...sorry about that. It usually goes near the end. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
I make this all the time. I came across your recipe a while back and my while family loves it!
Post a Comment